Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mirror, Mirror!

Perhaps it is my fascination with Alice in Wonderland that has me thinking. It could also be an episode of Doctor Who that is on my mind that featured him trapping an evil alien in every mirror everywhere. For some reason I am wondering about the other world on the other side of the mirror. I keep seeing this man looking back at me that is showing signs of aging. That poor guy. It is sad that he can't stay as young and vibrant as I am on this side of the mirror. I wonder if this is a Dorian Grey kind of thing which you should not confuse with a Christian Grey kind of thing although I do understand the confusion there.

What if there really is a whole different world through that looking glass. Touch it! Did it give way like it did for Neo in The Matrix? No? Me neither. But we need to keep trying because the day may come when we can press our way through the mirror to a whole new world where the laws of physics are totally rewritten and we not longer need fear the sublime and surreptitious which are replaced by the surreal and salacious. Don't you wish there was a world where we all could keep the bodies we once had as the 20-something who never really appreciated how good they had it? Or perhaps we want a world where the things that make no sense here are perfectly sensible like Congress, the DMV, the popularity of Elmo, the fact that the names for asteroids and hemorrhoids are meant to be exchanged, and the meaning of 2001: A Space Odyssey. Really! who was the old guy eating at the end of that movie? Please mirror world explain that movie to me because I have been wondering for three decades and have lost some sleep over it. Yes, I know I need a life.

OK. Here is the plan. We all try to find a way into that other world on the other side of the mirror. At precisely 8:13pm eastern time we all put our mirrors on the floor and chant the mysterious mirror mantra, “Mirror, mirror on the ground, let us squares be something round.” Then do the dance of a thousand dirty socks while playing “It's Hip to Be Square” by Huey Lewis and the News on a kazoo as your wiggle your left ear. I know it is a lot to ask but we need to see what's on the other side.

Wait a sec. I just Googled it. Never mind. It's just silver under glass. Oh well. It was worth a try and I got a blog out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.