Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Things You Don't Talk About On A First Date

Since I have become re-singled the opportunity for dating has arisen. Being in my forties I know more than I did when I was in my teens and twenties when I dated the first time around. The most important thing I have learned about the opposite sex in the intervening years can be summed up quite succinctly: I have no clue about women and have learned to like it that way.


But I have learned a few things since I started dating again and want to help those of you who are either just beginning the whole dating scene or are re-entering the dating scene after some time off while wearing a ring. The following is a list of things that may not be the best conversation starters on a first date.


  • Have you ever had a colonoscopy? That stuff they make you drink is amazing! I felt like a Saturn-V rocket trying to get to moon!
  • So to make a long story short, that is why I don't wear banana hammocks anymore.
  • I want to take you to this restaurant that just reopened. I hear it really improved since that whole salmonella problem.
  • Look over there! I know that guy. Sam, this is my date, Becky. Becky this is Sam, my parole officer.
  • Hey, hold on to something. I saw this cool move in one of the Speedy and Surly movies and I think my Pinto can do it.
  • I have a connection to a celebrity. Don't tell anyone but my second cousin is the brother-in-law to the guy who walks the dogs of the nurse of the optical surgeon who did Weird Al's lasik.
  • Okay, that was me but can you blame me? Those chili dogs had extra beans!
  • I was in a music video, too! I played the guy with the machete who killed the bus of nuns in Metalmorphosis' video, “Die, Squirrels! Die!”


If you steer clear of these topics, you should be fine on a first date. One last tip, if the date is going poorly, don't forget to stop for chili dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.