Monday, January 20, 2014

Spinning



It seemed like it would never stop. The spinning was making me dizzy and delighted all at the same time. How long it would last was anyone’s guess. I was hoping for longer but was disappointed. Why can’t the good things in life last? It’s just not fair. When it ended I took the clothes out of the washer and put them in the dryer. What can I say? I’m easily amused.

That brings to mind something else that bugs me more than the spin cycle stopping. To be honest the reason I hate seeing it end is that means I have to fold the laundry in the dryer and I hate that. But something that is even worse than that is spinning rims. Do not think I am anti-rim spinning on the whole. Quite the contrary. I think the rims looks very cool on the right kind of car. Spinners on a muscle car I can appreciate. Spinners on a new Charger should be standard equipment. I even saw a huge pickup with spinners that were a spiral pattern that kept spinning and spinning making me sleepier and sleepier until I awoke to find myself at the Ford dealership looking at F-150s. Not sure what happened there.

But there are also other vehicles that should never be allowed to have spinners for no other reason than it is as wrong as an aftermarket spoiler on a Honda Accord. I really wish I was creating that image from my imagination instead of remembering the poor kid who thought he was cool at the red light the other day. If you are considering spinners for whatever you drive, please consider this list of no-no’s before you spend the money.

  • If your car will be totaled if the spinners are damaged in a wreck, please do not get them.
  • If any part of the car has primer showing, invest in paint instead of spinners.
  • If you are thinking of spinners for your bicycle, don’t do it. Some things are just against the law of nature.
  • If you are driving a Seguay, don’t even think about it. You look dorky enough without adding to the problem.
  • If your car has any kind of logo on the side, please just let that be enough attention. Spinners will only make matters worse.
  • If you are thinking that the rims will impress the babes, spend your money on a new wardrobe instead. Losing the mullet might help too.
  • If your car is a Yugo… need I say more?
  • If you are worried that the rust from the fender is going to interfere with the spinner so you have a can of WD-40 ready just in case, just buy a new car.

I hope these helpful tips will assist you as you consider the pros and cons of spinners. Now I have to go to McDonald’s. I saw one of those spiral rims on a Mickey-D’s car earlier and for some reason I have a craving for a Filet-O-Fish. That is strange since I don’t even like Filet-O-Fish but I must have one right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.