Friday, December 31, 2010

A look back at 2010

I have to go on record and say that 2010 was not my best year. If you ever need an example of understatement, that was it! But there were some very memorable moments of the past year.

I think that with pain come experience and experience leads to wisdom. Based on the pain that came in 2010 there is a lot of wisdom to be gained from this past year. Here are some of the lessons that I learned so you can benefit from the wisdom I gained without the pain.

  • I learned that when your son is learning calculus you should keep your mouth shut and don’t try to help.
  • I learned that teenage girls are not the only teenagers who have mood swings.
  • I learned that when you get an ex text you don’t have to jump to it and reply right away.  That’s part of the fun of having an ex.
  • I learned that depression is not as much fun as it sounds.
  • I learned that you can only go for a run to burn off anger for so many times before you hurt yourself.
  • I learned that even though a girl’s best friend is a diamond, I’ll stick with man’s best friend any day!
  • I learned that dog’s don’t like baths when there are squirrels in the yard.
  • I learned that cracking up is not all it’s cracked up to be.
  • I learned that I’m a cracker by watching Jeff Dunham.
  • I learned that yoga and yogurt are two different things.
  • I learned that Facebook games are a tremendous waste of time that I really like!
  • I learned that there are certain times when you just have to watch Rocky Horror Picture Show and just forget that life is out there.
  • I learned that chilidogs are some of the best comfort food ever!
  • I learned that the person who said it is better to have a loved and lost than to have never loved at all never really lost love.
  • I learned that you do not know who your friends are until you really need friends.
  • I learned that some people who say they are your friends are really just friendly.
  • I learned that sometimes you trust the wrong people and do not trust the right ones but the right ones will forgive you and the wrong ones will need your forgiveness.
  • I learned that rum and coke can be a great friend or the worse enemy.
  • I learned that having money may cause some problems but the problems of not having money are worse.
  • I learned that a bucket list is a great thing.
  • I learned that bungee jumping is a rush!

That is about it. Oh yeah. I forgot one thing. I learned that writing my thoughts makes me feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.