Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snow Way

It is wonderful too look at. Sitting by the window and enjoying a hot cup of coffee while the snow comes down and blankets the grass with white is one of my great pleasures. Sitting back and enjoying a snowball fight as the icy projectiles explode as they impact on snow forts, snowmen, and snow covered children. But watching is about all I like about the snow.

If I have to go out and play in the snow, I dread it. It is not that I don’t like making a snowman. It is fun. Mine is named Fred. It is not that snow forts are not fun to build and hide in. I made the snow Alamo once as a kid and pretended to be Davy Crocket but with snow instead of bullets. It was a lot less painful and mortal. Snowball fights are fun but I am nervous about them since I saw a commercial with Randy Johnson in a snowball fight. Those really are fun but it is not my idea of a perfect day.

Sitting by the window and watching other people while I keep warm by the fire and even warmer with an Irish coffee is what really excites me. It is not the cold that bothers me. That’s not bad. It is not being wet that bothers me. Swimming is something that I love. But just thinking about being cold and wet really makes me shiver. As long as I live I don’t think will ever get that. Sure, you can say that it’s all about having fun, getting cold and coming back in and warming up by the fire with some hot cocoa. I have a different plan. Have fun inside, drink the cocoa and skip the getting cold and wet part. Works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.