Wednesday, February 5, 2014

The Music Box


While trying to come up with a blog idea for something witty, silly or just one of my normal eclectic eccentric thoughts, I turned on Pandora to help me with the soothing sounds of classical guitar strings being plucked and played, creating a soothing symphony of sounds bathing me in a relaxing review of renditions relieving Romig into relaxation. Okay, so I dozed off. When I woke of thirty minutes later, the second thing I did was change the station on Pandora. The first thing I did was get more coffee. Hint: Don’t listen to soothing music when you just wake up unless you don’t want to stay awake.

Now that the Pandora station had been changed to something a little less relaxing – Skillet Radio – I was ready to write. But what to write about? You won’t believe this, but at first I thought about frying eggs and bacon,and flipping pancakes. You know, cooking things. At first I thought that the whole metal sound of Skillet was having an influence making me think of frying things. It was that combined with the fact I was hungry. But Skillet is one of my favorite bands, too.

After breakfast, I came back to the keyboard with John from Skillet singing about being Comatose. Oddly, it was the first station that did that to me. Then there was a song about Those Nights. I was really thinking someone was trying to tell me something. It seemed that the next Skillet song would tell me something important if the Universe was sending me some kind of hidden message. It was the Skillet song after the next one that game me the message that said Awake and Alive. The one before that had nothing to do with me as it proclaimed that sometimes the singer felt like a monster.

Or was the Universe telling me that on Those Nights I’m a Monster who was Comatose but is now Awake and Alive? Perhaps it is telling me I need to go see the new Frankenstein movie. Or maybe, just maybe, they are songs played in a random order that someone with an overactive imagination can make up meanings where there really is nothing. Nah. I’m gonna go with the whole Frankenstein movie thing. That was brilliant subliminal marketing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.