Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Too Terrible Television

Mega Shark Verses Giant Octopus is on Netflix now. Thank God we don't have to wait for it to come back on SyFy channel in 20 minutes. (I know it doesn't come on every 20 minutes. It is on a 30 minute cycle.) But there are some shows that are just too stupid to be allowed to continue. Anything with a pretend judge, a pseudo celebrity, a reality show featuring the serious nature of the highway patrol, or anything with Jerry Springer should be cancelled before they are given the opportunity to lower the collective I.Q. even further.


That being said, some of them are just too much fun to make fun of not to watch. It is like Mystery Science Theater 3000 but not with just science fiction. What should we call the show that watched reality shows and makes fun of the silliness of the series? I have the idea to call it Let's Make Fun of the People Who Want Their 15 Minutes of Fame So That They Will Not Become Famous for Being Famous Like Paris Hilton and Kim Kardassian. That may be a little too long of a title but I think it really gets the point across. We can shorten it to Don't Let Stupidity Be Broadcast. I like that one!


As I look at the list of reality shows on Wikipedia it boggles the mind that someone in some office somewhere thought this would be a good idea. Some of the actual titles are The Salon, Sorority Life, Fraternity Life, Amish in the City, and Gachinko! (I have no clue what that last one is but is looked like a cool name to put in my blog. It is Japanese.) I watched almost 8 second of Jersey Shore and felt my intellect dropping rapidly. 

Can someone please explain to me the shows that start with Real Housewives of...? I see that Orange County, New Jersey, Atlanta, New York, Beverly Hills, and Miami all have their own housewives now. Why? Is this something new that is kind of retro back to the 50's that makes it quaint to be at home with the kids? Or do they even have kids? I bet the Beverly Hills one has nannies.

I will confess that I have watched a couple season of The Amazing Race. But since I got divorced I broke myself of that bad habit. Please learn from my example and say no to the terrible tv out there. Anything that is reality based is not real anyway. Let's save our viewing time for the shows that tackle the important issues of the day like How I Met Your Mother, any of the Star Trek series, and The Office.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.