Tuesday, October 11, 2011

The Streak!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BI-TXC8AEyQ

Ray Stevens is a great singer. He was weird before Al had a corner on the market. The Mississippi Squirrel Revival tells the story of a demonic squirrel in a self-satisfied church. You have to love that! The Shriner’s Convention follows the exploits of Coy at the 43rd Annual Convention of the Grand Mystic Royal Order of the Nobles of the Ali Baba Temple of the Shrine. He is pursued by the Illustrious Potentate – a.k.a Bubba. And the Smokey Mountain Rattlesnake Retreat gives me nightmares! But nothing compares to The Streak.

The Streak tells the story of a streaker in sneakers and the unfortunate family who keeps trying not to look but it is always too late! “Don’t look Ethel!” Well you and I both know when you tell someone not to look… they look! Just ask Lot’s wife.

I just want all of you to know I would be the first to turn my head if a streaker were passing by. Now the direction of the head turn would depend on the gender of the runner. I think a man streaking is disgusting and should be illegal! As to women streaking… I love the Fall colors out there, don’t you? My town of Knoxville, Tennessee has a long a distinguished history of streaking! Walter Cronkite called Knoxville the "Streaking Capital of the World" in 1974. That spring around 5,000 people on Cumberland Avenue took their clothes off... stripping on the "strip". I missed it! I was 6 at the time and living in Kansas where people rarely take off clothes even in private!

I think streaking needs to make a comeback. Think about it. You don’t have to worry about clashing. If you are clashing while streaking you have more problems than the lack of clothing! Now I’m not saying this is something to be done during non-warm seasons. Blue is never a good color for skin tones outside of Star Trek. However I do not think it is something I will be helping. Lending my support and encouragement and gawking is about as far as I will go at this age. But as a single guy I think an all female facilitated frolic would be a good thing. I will be right there cheering you on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.