Sunday, October 9, 2011

Forgiven Not Forgotten


All alone, staring on
Watching her life go by
When her days are grey
And her nights are black
Different shades of mundane
And the one-eyed furry toy that lies upon the bed
Has often heard her cry
And heard her whisper out a name long forgiven
But not forgotten

You're forgiven, not forgotten,
You're forgiven, not forgotten,
You're forgiven, not forgotten,
You're not forgotten

A bleeding heart torn apart
Left on an icy grave
In their room where they once lay
Face to face
Nothing could get in their way
But now the memories of the man are haunting her days
And the craving never fades
She's still dreaming of the man long forgiven
But not forgotten

You're forgiven, not forgotten,
You're forgiven, not forgotten,
You're forgiven, not forgotten,
You're not forgotten

Still alone, staring on
Wishing her life goodbye
As she goes searching for the man long forgiven
But not forgotten

You're forgiven, not forgotten.


This song is about a lost love. The passion in her is just amazing to me. It is hard to remember any time I have felt that kind of passion. The loss she describes is all too familiar. The bleeding heart torn apart is something that I have felt more than once. But the craving for the lost one is totally alien to me. Perhaps with the losses I have felt over the years I have become calloused. Have I ever felt that kind of love? If I have I do not remember it and something tells me I would remember that. I have loved and do still love – but not like that.

As I ponder those words I am trying to figure out which one of us is messed up. It may be her for trying to find this one who broke her heart. It is admirable to find that lost love that has been forgiven for all past transgressions. She knows what and who she wants and is willing to leave it all behind to pursue it! That is love without limits. Perhaps it is me for not wanting to replay the memory again. Forgive them but do not give the chance to cause more harm. Be a friend if needed but no longer risk your heart for someone who has proven to be unworthy of that trust. I think we are both a little nuts.

For some reason I’m more a fan of Jaron and the Long Road to Love’s “Pray for You”.


But that may just be my evil sense of humor coming out. Both are good songs but I am more of a praying for you and forgiving and forgetting them. I don’t think that is what God wants when he tells us to forgive and not remember the sins anymore. I’ll work on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.