Wednesday, May 4, 2011

True Love

The Princess Bride has a great scene where the leader of the wedding ceremony is discussing true love.


Check it out. It is priceless! But do you think that twue wuv… I mean true love really exists? I hope so. All I want is someone to love me the way that I am. I know that is a tall order and may not be possible for me because – let’s be honest – I’m a space case. But it may be out there for you dear reader!

I have taken quotes from some of our finest minds and ignored them in favor of quotes from some of our funniest minds. Here is what I have found.

  • "I detest 'love lyrics.' I think one of the causes of bad mental health in the United States is that people have been raised on 'love lyrics." - Frank Zappa
  • "I love being married. It's so great to find one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life." - Rita Rudner
  • “Do not marry a man to reform him. That is what reform schools are for." - Mae West
  • "A happy home is one in which each spouse grants the possibility that the other may be right, though neither believes it." - Don Fraser
  • "If love is blind, why is lingerie so popular?" - unknown
  • "Marriage is a fine institution - but I'm not ready for an institution." - Mae West
  • "My heart's in the right place. I know, 'cuz I hid it there." - Carrie Fisher
  • "To love is to suffer. To avoid suffering one must not love. But then one suffers from not loving. Therefore to love is to suffer, not to love is to suffer. To suffer is to suffer. To be happy is to love. To be happy then is to suffer. But suffering makes one unhappy. Therefore, to be unhappy one must love, or love to suffer, or suffer from too much happiness. I hope you're getting this down." - Woody Allen, Love and Death
  •  “If love is the answer, could you please rephrase the question? “ - Lily Tomlin
  • “Like the measles, love is most dangerous when it comes late in life.” - Lord Byron
  • "To laugh often and love much... to appreciate beauty, to find the best in others, to give one's self... this is to have succeeded." - Ralph Waldo Emerson

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.