Sunday, January 16, 2011

I’m So Blue

Usually feeling a little blue is bad thing. It can mean that you are sad and feeling despair. It could also mean that you are feeling rather randy and exhibitionistic. However, this is one of those times when I don’t mean either. I just got to go see something that should have been on my bucket list but wasn’t until now. I came home and added it and then crossed it off as completed. I saw Blue Man Group LIVE!!!!! They were amazing!

If you are a fan you know what happened to me. If you aren’t, what’s wrong with you?! I got to see the Drumbone live, the Twinkie Skit, and all kinds of rock star helpful hints. There is something too cool about three guys dressed in black and all blue faced. Now if I had seen blue bottoms I’d be at the baboon exhibit at the zoo. But those guys didn’t have blue bottoms as far as I know. Not that I looked!

There is a special kind of electricity that is in the air when you see them. They are scary and silly; frightening and frightened; inquisitive and instructive. It is like a science fair on acid with aliens trying to run it. And then there is the music!! PVC pipes have all kinds of uses but watching the blue men playing them like they are an orchestra instrument is truly a sight to behold and sound to be heard. You can even feel the music in both an emotional and physical sense. When the huge bass drum is beaten the floor shakes.

I wish I could explain, describe, tell, and paint a picture with words to make you feel what I feel and to have seen what I have seen. All I can do is tell you this: GO SEE THEM! You won’t regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.