Saturday, June 14, 2014

An Interview With Tone

I was sitting in my kitchen, editing New Fallen, when I looked up and saw Tone sitting there making faces at me. For most of you, a person from a book appearing next to you would be a little disconcerting, to say the least. For me, it’s just another day at the office. I decided to interview him since he was distracting me from getting any real work done. What was I thinking?

Doug: Hey, Tone. How are you doing today?
Tone:  Well, I’m gassy if you really need to know.
Doug: I already knew that. (gag, gasp, turning green)
Tone:  I’d say sorry, but you know better. That is a very cool shade of green you’re turning. Is that chartreuse or more of a seafoam?
Doug: No more chili dogs for you! (cough, cough)
Tone:  Like you could stop me. So am I going to be heroic in the new book? Do I get the girl? I’m going to save the day again, right? Do I get to fart a lot?
Doug: Well, there is a farting scene.
Tone:  Cha-ching! I really don’t care about all that other stuff. Farting! Farting! Farting!
Doug: Uh, yeah. So, what is the best part of being in the Spiritscape? Is it the beauty? The grandeur? The excitement?
Tone:  I get to fly butt first.
Doug: Butt first? Not the amber-hued mountains? Not the battles with demons?
Tone:  Nope. I guess that stuff is okay. But there is nothing like the Spiritscape on your butt to make you feel alive. It’s better than a really good poop!
Doug: Poop? Really, Tone?
Tone:  Hey, you made me up. Don’t blame me. Think about it. I get to say anything that crosses your messed-up mind! All those stories I get to tell about my childhood are really things that happened to…
Doug: On another topic, what is it like working with Zeke.
Tone:  Hold on. Let me get out my cue cards. Ehem. Working with Zeke is a great pleasure. He is always …psst. What’s that word?
Doug: Professional
Tone:  Yeah. He is always professional and loves a good joke… Do I really have to say this next part?
Doug: This is your interview. Say whatever you want.
Tone:  Really? Cool!
Doug: Oh crap.
Tone:  Here’s the deal. He is too cool for words and he has loosened up a lot in New Fallen. I think there is something going on between Zekey and Arino. Let me just say, I caught them making googley eyes at each other several times. It was cute in a make-me-wanna-puke kind of way.
Doug: Zeke and Arino? Really?
Tone:  Dude, you wrote it. Why are you acting surprised?
Doug: Just trying to be a good interviewer.
Tone:  Yeah. About that, stick to writing fiction. So, what do you have in mind for me in the next book? Superpowers? Turn me into an angel? Give me my own pudding-filled hot tub?
Doug: Well, the next book is going to be called Demonize. You are going to meet up with some old enemies.
Tone:  Demonize? Is that the best you can do? Okay. I guess it works. So when are you going to start on it?
Doug: Who is interviewing who here?
Tone:  I’m interviewing you, now. Answer the question before I’m forced to fill your head with images of me dressed up like a belly dancer wearing nothing but bologna in strategic spots.
Doug: NO! Not that! Please, I need the brain cells that would destroy. I’ll start on Demonize as soon as I finish Reunion and Interpol.
Tone:  Okaaaay, that doesn’t work for me. You need to start on it tomorrow. Here is an image of me belly dancing.
Doug: AAAAAARRRRGGGG!
Tone:  So when are you starting it?
Doug: Today! Today! Just no more!!
Tone:  Thank you. Now, about my love life…


That was when I passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.