Friday, November 30, 2012

Lions and Hippos and Zebras! Oh Yum!

Few people know this about me but I am quite the connoisseur of unusual foods. I'm no Andrew Zimmern and I don't like Bizarre Foods. The show is amazingly like a train wreck that you don't want to watch but cannot help yourself because you are thinking, “There is no freaking way he is actually going to eat THAT!” And then he eats it and you are grossed out and enthralled all at the same time. You are one sick puppy! I've never actually watched a whole episode since I am so squeamish. Well, I eat haggis so I guess I'm not that squeamish. OK. I've never really eaten it but I want to try it sometime. Well, maybe not try it but smell it. Now that I think about it smelling may not be that smart either. I'll Google it and look at a picture. Hold on. Oh dear Lord I wish I had not just done that! Look at this!


Now that we have that settled let's talk about interesting animals we all need to try. Lion tastes amazing! If you have never tried it you are missing out. There is delicate crunch as you take your first bite. The explosion of flavors that burst through your taste buds defies explanation. Now you may be surprised to learn there is a similar flavor in the delicious delicacy that is zebra. You know how people say that so many things taste like chicken? This isn't one of them. In fact, I'd say the zebra really tastes like lion! Maybe it is because the lions eat the zebras so you are really tasting zebra when you eat lion. But that does not explain why every time I eat hippo there is something there that makes me think of the zebra. Do hippos eat zebras too? How do the zebras keep their numbers up with both lions and hippos eating them. Wait! Hippos are herbivores so they would not eat the zebra. They must eat some of the same herbs that the zebras eat and that creates the similar flavor. But can someone please explain to me how on earth the polar bear tastes like the lion? They are no where near each other on the planet! Lions must eat fish and seals too!

Well that is all of the animal crackers I have. Who knew that animals have Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), high fructose corn syrup, sugar, soybean oil, yellow corn flour, partially hydrogenated cottonseed oil, and calcium carbonate?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.