Monday, November 15, 2010

Choices

Life is a series of choices. Those choices range from the monumental to the mundane. Whether the decision is what to wear this morning or where to eat at night, we all tend to agonize over the options set before us.  We wonder about what the future holds and how current choices will influence it. At the same time we wonder why we made certain choices in the past and how they have influenced our present. We ponder the mysteries of the opposite sex with a myriad of seemingly incomprehensible choices while rejoicing in the differences that allow those choices to manifest themselves. Greater minds than ours contemplate the mysteries of the universe and fates of countless people. Fortunes are made and lost in blink of an eye due to a right or wrong choice made at the right or wrong time. In vast scheme of things, our choices are not that significant to history, the world, or even that many of the billions of people who live on our planet.

That being said, there still some are choices that affect others. We should always be concerned with the affects of our choices. We can be sensitive to the wants and needs of others or show senseless insensitivity. Our choices may not affect the world in which others live but they can affect the world of one other person. We must never underestimate the impact we can have on the few people who hold us in high esteem. Our choices can make or break someone's minute, hour, day, or even life.

There is one person who is impacted more than others by the choices we make. That person is you. You must live with the decisions that you make. Granted, others are involved; however, you are the one who must live with it. Your nature will form an integral part in your choices. Your view of your glass as half full or half empty of either lemons or lemonade will impact how you chose a course of action. Optimism or pessimism will decide how your handle your difficult situations.

As I was sitting on the front step this morning sipping a cup of coffee, I chose the kind of day I was going to have. My evening did not go as planned last night. The air conditioner was not working again! I did not sleep well or anywhere near long enough. I was awakened by an alarm clock in the form of a vacuum cleaner entering my room at what I felt was an inappropriate and insensitive time. If I believed in astrology, I'd have said the stars were aligned against me. If I believed in fate, I'd say that fate was out to get me. I believe in God. I believe that he never gives us more than we can bear without a way out of the dilemma. I CHOOSE TO HAVE A GOOD DAY. I decided that my energy would be better spent on the half full glass of lemonade that the day had given me to work with. I have chosen to make the best of my situation until God's wisdom puts me in a better place.

I have just one question for you...What kind of day, week, and life do you choose to have?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Welcome

Feel free to make a comment. I love feedback about things that make you laugh or things that you think are so stupid you can't believe you wasted the five minutes it took to read it! If you feel like clicking on an ad, that won't bother me either.